»Uhm…, aah, what I wanted to say was …«
Fear from public speaking
You know that feeling? When you have to speak in front of an audience the right words have spontaneously slipped your mind? Your heart beats, your palms begin to sweat, and you hope the ground will swallow you up at once?
Don’t Panic! We, from the Düsseldorfer Toastmasters have made it our aim to give practical help in order to improve speeches, to train voice and body posture, and to perform confidently.
We help you overcome stage fright and offer …
- a protective environment to practice free speech in
- learning by doing – no traditional teaching approach
- learning with enjoyment and drive
- witnessing others develop with enjoyment and drive
- a friendly atmosphere, respectful and supportive
- speech evenings in English
- a tailor-made mentoring programme
Get to know the Düsseldorfer Toastmasters in person
“Welcome at one of our club evenings as a guest. We, from the Düsseldorfer Toastmasters would like to support you when you improve your speaking skills, become confident, and be convincing in front of an audience. In the protective atmosphere of our club evenings you can practise and learn — without any risk! Since everyone in our audience knows how it feels to be on stage. My experience tells me: members who regularly attend our club evenings rapidly improve and get on stage confidently.”
President of the Düsseldorfer Toastmasters
Our committee members in portrait: Members of the committee
Participate as a guest
If you would like to participate as a guest, please register for a club evening. There, we will greet you in person and explain to you everything of significance. If you like, you can visit us several times and also bring a colleague or a friend.
The visit is totally free of cost and non-binding!
Next club evenings
We are a bilingual club and meet five times a month. Club evenings always start at 7:30pm.
- 1st Wednesday of the month: German
- 2nd Tuesday of the month: German
- 2nd Wednesday of the month: English
- 3rd Wednesday of the month: German
- 4th Wednesday of the month: for members only
- In those months in which there is a fifth Wednesday the meeting will be held in German.
News and updates on Facebook
We regularly inform you about activities and news on our Facebook page: